July 4, 2011

mean

Yesterday i encountered the meanest person i have ever encountered. her words were hurtful but that wasn't what made me cry. being yelled at while riding happens. but at a complete standstill being approached by a girl my age spitting evil attacks out of nowhere does not happen.

my heart was a complete mess. when i arrived at my destination (mike, ryan & roya's) it took quite a while for me to calm down. what could have happened to this girl that she was so full of anger & hate? it was the most heart wrenching encounter i have had in a very long time. i couldn't fight back i didn't know what i was suposed to do. unfortunately that encounter left me rather emotional the rest of the day. i realized i have become numb to the brokenness. There is so much hate in the world and because i don't encounter it daily i forget that it's there. we need to be praying for our world, and our cities, learning what our role is in this. i would again like to encounter the girl who spat demeaning idioms. my heart goes out to her, she needs love, she needs Jesus.

No comments: