February 18, 2012

relief printing

this was my first project from my printing class this semester. we made linoleum relief prints, and i chose to make it educational. because if we're not learning & teaching each other, what's the point? {i need purpose in my work, or else i become unmotivated very quickly}.. i love learning this new form of art/design. i love using my hands & making things. i think that's why this semester has been rather satisfying...even though i sleep with moisturizing gloves on too often. going from work to internship to school my hands are a tired mess, and they quickly loose their dexterity. my goal this weekend is to find a nice pair of work gloves to tote along throughout my week. also i want to make a fun work apron, but who knows when i'll have time for that... xoxo

i love the wave effect the ink had on the newsprint tests.
a final print

No comments: