May 23, 2011

tangled mangled




italian butter cookies.... you know the ones. An assorted box of misc chocolate & sprinkle dipped delights. Some swaddling a dollop of jelly, others with cream sandwiched in between. They are so delicious... and remind me of my mother & her infamous search for a bakery that parallels the ones of her childhood. These cookies also make me miss visiting New Jersey, & my family.

had a cannoli for breakfast from a bakery off of Grand today, along with an assorted bag of the butter cookies. Unfortunately i ate them all before i was able to take photos, so i'll have to show you them another day...because i will be getting more. i like them so much, i'm sad they are all gone. similar to the sadness im feeling now that my roommates have started moving out.
i wish i didn't have to go to school sometimes & just sit and BE! i'm frustrated with the fact that i want to dive deep into my friendships & i feel like im running out of time. i don't want to spread myself too thin, i crave these deep connections. some how i must mend my disconnect.

all i ever want to do is lay in grass and hear about your thoughts

something about summer makes me want to have a tattoo. weird, right? well someday when i am financially on my own i am allowed to get one. so until then i will draw out some ideas.

let me never forget.

moving is happening. i found my stars all tangled up... sadly they will not be coming with us.... 

Thank you CocoRosie, Charles Gounod & Mozart for being in the background of my day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your entries....your remind me so much of Emily! I love you Bren! The minute Em was financially paying for her schooling and apartment she went out and got a tattoo...Her Dad wasn't pleased but I was amused... she had a little spontaneity and gumption...she has always worried and had to be perfect....it is a cool tattoo but will sag when she gets old but who cares it is a memory she will have forever that she went out and got a tattoo and that is what makes me smile...But, if your Dad and Mom don't want you to get a tattoo I don't want you to think I am encouraging you to do that...don't...Parents advice is the best...Remember Em is older...lol....Love you Aunt Miss!