June 20, 2011

a dough-nut



       This crumpled wet piece of parchment has some thoughts scribbled on it from my overnight at work last night. it is wet from being in my pocket on the bike ride home at 7 this morning. i biked through a summer rain storm! which is pretty scary to ride through when you've been awake for 22 hours straight.


    
            i was thinking about all the cupcakes i've been eating and how my body feels like crap from eating them and feeling guilty for not taking better care of myself. i've been thinking so much about how our body is a temple. how we are Given this one body to nourish not only physically but mentally as well as emotionally & socially! how awesome is that?! pretty sweet i think. so my question is; what are we feeding ourselves? who are the people that we allow to pour into us? are the foods that we consume pure...will they sustain us for the work that we have been created to create. it is exciting and marvelous to think about.

this photo of connor & me when we were little is sitting on my windowsill, it is one of my favorites.

1 comment:

Taylor said...

yeah he's in a band with jake! you should come to a show. www.brighterarrows.tumblr.com