November 8, 2012

a new thing; simple solutions

i am introducing a new section to my blog called simple solutions. my mind thinks in simple solutions, and i think it is important to share with each other how our minds work. this section will have questions mostly pertaining to sustainability and problem solving. i also want to share ways i incorporate sustainability and awareness into my life, as a way to encourage others but also to keep myself accountable in my consumption. some ideas that will be discussed: consumption, quality, repurposing, recycling... all with the mindset of creative design solutions.

my first post is really simple, but it was something i wanted to share. i have been focusing on finishing up my final semester, so i haven't been working very much, which means i don't have extra money to spend on things i want. last year i picked out some boots from the Gap and although i still really like them, i've been wanted a lower ankle boot. BUT because i really don't need another pair of shoes and i don't have the money to spend on a new pair of shoes i decided to fold down the boots i already had, they also add another texture which is something i've been focusing on incorporating into my outfits. (working at anthro puts a lot of pressure on how my outfits flow together)

it was a fun find realizing i could make one pair of boots into two.

No comments: