April 23, 2011

good friday

      we started the easter weekend with a traditional seder dinner thursday night. it was a wonderful experience. i think i would enjoy religiously partaking in Jewish traditions & ceremonies. all the little things, with dipping the parsly in salt water & mixing the sweet & the bitter, & the matzah... ryan & i had this passover meal with a new small group a few blocks away from his new dwelling.
      the food that was brought for dinner was also traditional. lamb, carrots, beats, kosher dishes with rice noodles, cinnamon & raisins. there was fish & matzo ball soup! so enjoyable & shared with good company, i'm excited to get to know these new friends.
      this weekend is to celebrate the most amazing gift that has ever been given. this year my weekend began with a heavy heart. my convictions were at the forefront of my mind. i havent dealt with my school work because i just want to sit & read & study the word & listen to teachings & grow spiritually.

the good friday service at missio was So awesome last night. it was a tough bike ride through the rain but  i just kept telling myself it was such a little sacrifice compared to the one that was given for me. the night of reverence was releasing. it gave me meaning & passion for daily living. through the rain ry & i trudged home, where i wiped out for the third time in this past week. if i turn my bike to the right too suddenly my bike goes out from under me. ... i need a new frame asap. the wheel doesn't sit straight in the fork... welp it was a good fall. a couple scrapes & bruises, & gently bent glasses. im thankful for my helmet.
the rest of my weekend looks like this.... easter service in the morning...work 12-4:30 then some drawing for class, then 7 o'clock dance party! Woooo! missio is having a dance party celebration for the resurrection, sadly i can not stay long. i have to be disciplined & actually do some school work.
here are some photos from recently....this is a carrot orange drink from cafecito! i love the little bottle
...and here are some more gusher like candies!
roya gave me some of her beat pesto...which is my most newest favoritest thing! yum...garlic!

it is so freaking delicousi bought three new color pencils this week, they are the ones that are pure color! i am excited to start using them. these spring colors help motivate me to do my drawings for class.
i've been listening to podcasts from missio-dei livingwell house, i have so many books to read to prepare me for the summit conference this summer. i just want to be filled up. i'm almost all the way through the book blue like jazz, this is at least my second attempt to finishing the book. i'm really enjoying it this time around.

i'm excited for tomorrow...until next time, xoxo


No comments: