January 26, 2012

mermaid nails

"if you are going to a church... that every message makes you feel good...RUN. preaching needs to have correction, rebuke & encouragement." {from wrestle to rest by Mark Leech}
don't search for comfort, search for truth.

since it's still winter...sort of {it's like 40°F outside, but i'm not saying that in a whining manner, riding is so nice in the warmth}... since it's still a season that flurries may fall from the sky at any given time i still find it appropriate {slightly} to wear sparkles on my nails. my lack of nutrients have left my nails quite brittle so covering them up with polish for protection has been the solution. that & green drinks. to start of the year i'm trying to really budget my life, but it's difficult. i've realized that i purchase things to cheer myself up. like chocolate every time i'm at trader joe's. {when did i start liking chocolate?! getting old is weird.} another phase of simplifying, starting today.



 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN to seeking truth over comfort, green drinks, buying too much chocolate, budgeting, and sparkly nail polish. SEriously talking to you soon. aLi.

Unknown said...

Wait... Are sparkles sometimes not ok? That sounds silly.

shelby said...

I love essie. My roommates and I decided to take a picture of our collection a few days ago. I finally did it today!

Blaze said...

Great idea! I love mixing different colors! Your mermaid nails look beautiful! :)